Posts Tagged ‘Welfare state’
Even with these FACTS, Obama dumbasses still voted for the man who will continue to screw the American people, with intent.
Today, all across the country business owners are firing people in an effort to save themselves from ObamaCare. We all knew it was going to happen. In the coming weeks and months the hundreds of thousands of people are going to be added to the unemployed statistics because of ObamaCare. If by now you haven’t figured out why that is, then you are just too damned stupid to ever understand.
- Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by well over $6 trillion by the end of his term on Jan. 20, 2013, according to the debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury. That $6+ trillion is more debt than was accumulated by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.
- Economist Edward Lazear has cut through all of Barack Obama’s claims about “creating jobs” with one plain and inescapable fact — “there hasn’t been one day during the entire Obama presidency when as many Americans were working as on the day President Bush left office.” Whatever number of jobs were created during the Obama administration, more have been lost.
- In October 2012, there were 12.3 million officially unemployed workers. That’s 209,000 more than when President Obama took office in January 2009 – when the Administration said “we were in economic free-fall.”
- If the unemployment rate included the “invisible unemployed” (discouraged workers who have dropped out or never joined the workforce), the October 2012 unemployment rate would be 10.9%
- During the Obama Administration workforce dropouts have outnumbered new employees by almost 7 to 1.
- For every person added to the jobs rolls since January 2009, 75 people have been added to the food stamp rolls. Think about that. Every person with a new job had his or her own 75 food stamp parasites to support. This can only be done with borrowed money.
- In October 2012, there were 5.0 million long-term unemployed (that is, for over six months) – 2.3 million more than when President Obama took office in January 2009.
- Since January 2009, the number of full-time employees has fallen by 371,000 while part-time employment has grown by over 1.5 million. This means part-time workers account for all of the net employment growth in the Obama years
- October’s 7.9% unemployment rate remains far above the 5.4% rate the Administration predicted for this month in their January 2009 report on the projected effects of stimulus. Democrats actually predicted unemployment would peak at the current 7.9% rate in July 2009 – over three years ago.
- This is the only “recovery” since World War II (when official jobs data began) when jobs lost in the recession had not been recovered by this point.
- In 1934, 35 and 36 our economy grew at 11%, 9% and 13%. Economic growth in 2010 was 3%. In 2011 it was 1.7%. This year we’re running between 2 and 3%.
- During the time Barack Obama has been president, the U.S. government debt has increased from approximately $143,255 per American under 18 to approximately $218,676 per American under 18–a climb of $75,421 or about 53 percent.
- If Barack Obama wins re-election, the national debt will hit $20 trillion. America’s gross federal debt will reach $20.3 trillion at the end of 2016 under Obama’s budget path, according to the White House Office of Management and Budget.
- 60 percent of American households now get more in federal transfer income than they pay in all federal taxes. While it is not surprising that low income households receive more in transfer income than they pay in all federal taxes, it was surprising to learn that households in the middle quintile are now over that threshold.
- Since January 2009, 586,000 manufacturing jobs have been eliminated, the opposite of the Administration’s projected increase of 408,000 manufacturing jobs due to their trillion-dollar stimulus.
- The first year of the Obama presidency, 2009, is the largest year in decades, with federal outlays totaling a whopping 25.2 percent of GDP. Since then, federal outlays relative to GDP have fallen, but they are still incredibly large. In fact, you have to go back to 1946 to find a year when federal outlays were as large as they have been every year of the Obama presidency.
- According to a new report released by the World Bank, “policymakers in 108 economies implemented 201 regulatory reforms in the last year alone that made it easier for their entrepreneurs to do business.” But here’s the catch … the United States wasn’t one of them! In fact, we are going in the opposite direction: “America’s competitiveness dropped in seven of the 10 sub-indicators, including paying taxes, enforcing contracts, and starting a business.”
- President Obama has spent the past year punting on a slew of job-killing EPA regulations that will destroy millions of American jobs and cause energy prices to skyrocket even more. From greenhouse gas regulations to water guidance to the tightening of the ozone standard, the Obama-EPA has delayed the implementation of rule after rule because they don’t want all those pink slips and price spikes to hit until after the election. The independent and non-partisan Manhattan Institute estimates that the EPA’s greenhouse gas coal regulation will cost the U.S. economy $700 billion.
- Some 10,215 new federal regulations from the Obama administration are costing consumers, businesses and the economy overall $46 billion annually, more than five times the regulatory price tag of former President Bush in his first three years in office.
- In 2007 90% of all college graduates found a job. Today that figure is 56%.
- Means-tested welfare spending has increase 32% since 2008. The largest increase in welfare spending went to none other than food stamps – a 71% increase in spending since 2008. According to the Heritage Foundation, “If converted to cash, means-tested welfare spending is more than five times the amount needed to eliminate all poverty in the United States.”
- There are upwards of 20 new taxes included in order to pay for the President’s takeover of the healthcare industry. Several taxes for ObamaCare have yet to take effect, though the largest – an increase in the Hospital Insurance portion of the payroll tax – begins in 2013. Combined, the taxes will cost Americans $836.3 billion through 2022.
- Obama has called Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget “an attempt to impose a radical vision on our country,” but if something radical doesn’t happen, entitlement spending will nearly double by 2050.
Moving forward, shit did I really say that? Anyways, moving ahead, I will not be discouraged by what happened yesterday, nor will I allow the moochers to go unnoticed when they find themselves in front of me at the store checkout with their EBT card. I fully intend on showing my ass, so to speak, when that day comes. Moochers need to be humiliated in public.
Not that anyone of lesser intelligence gives a rats ass, those were a few facts why you should not have voted for that Marxist piece of shit. Yes, I know, I’m being disrespectful to that classless jerk. Bite me! -JRoycroft
October 8, 2012 – A reminder of what the 2012 Presidential campaign, and all political campaigns mean to Democrats. Not that you need to be reminded, but there are some newbies out there that may need some insight.
This is the message you tell your moochers and leeches:
“So, dear voter! Are you are unhappy that there are people who have more than you have? They drive nicer cars, live in nicer homes, take nicer vacations and are going to be able to retire earlier than you? Well … we feel your pain, and we see no reason why you should have to get up before the sun and drive home in the dark to have the same lifestyle. Everybody knows that you should be able to have the lifestyle you desire, no matter how lavish, on a 40-hour work week. And if 40 hours a week is not enough to put the car you want into your garage, the flat-screen you want on your living room wall, the money you want into your bank account, and the tickets for that South Pacific cruise on your dresser, well then your friendly Democrat public servant is here to help. It’s all so simple! You just vote for us and keep us in power in Washington, and we’ll simply use the police power of government to take money away from those people who have so much more than you do, and give it to you. It’s called ‘redistribution of the wealth’ and we are your re-distributors. After all, it’s not like they actually worked for and earned that money! Everybody knows that wealth is distributed, not earned.”
So there you have it. Democrats are are your tax paid wealth re-distributors for the moochers and leeches in our wonderful welfare society of the all mighty Ruler Obama.
Now please excuse me while I go snuggle up to a bowl of my famous Roycroft Chili … that I MADE MYSELF! -JRoycroft
No, I’m not sharing!
April 14, 2012 – A random thought, from Thomas Sowell.
In politics, few talents are as richly rewarded as the ability to convince parasites that they are victims. Welfare states on both sides of the Atlantic have discovered that largesse to losers does not reduce their hostility to society, but only increases it. Far from producing gratitude, generosity is seen as an admission of guilt, and the reparations as inadequate compensation for injustices – leading to worsening behavior by the recipients.
If only someone could develop a means by which those parasites could be made useful and productive members of society. -JRoycroft
March 14, 2012 - Philadelphia Mayor, Michael Nutter, has announced a ban on the feeding of homeless and hungry people at sites on and near the Benjamin Franklin Parkway because he says it is unsanitary and undignified.
“Providing to those who are hungry must not be about opening the car trunk, handing out a bunch of sandwiches, and then driving off into the dark and rainy night,” Nutter said.
Excuse me Mr. Mayor, but when a person is truly hungry do you honestly think they really give a damn where or how the food is delivered? Be honest Mr. Mayor, this is your way of keeping those smelly homeless people out of your parks and out of sight! This has nothing to do with a homeless person’s dignity or sanitary conditions and you damn well know it!
I am by no means a bleeding heart liberal, but when someone uses an excuse like Mayor Nutter is using to keep his homeless problem out of his parks, I have to speak out. This is total bullshit!
It’s perfectly alright for families and other folks to sit in the Mayor’s public parks having their picnics and lunch, but if you’re hungry and homeless don’t you dare come grab a sandwich from the trunk of a car because that’s illegal!
How about a violation of someone’s civil rights, Mr. Mayor? You say it’s ok for everyone else to eat in the park, but not if you’re hungry and taking free food from a good Samaritan.
I’ve spent many years working in some of Atlanta’s worst welfare housing projects and have seen and dealt first hand with the plight of the homeless. Many of the homeless folks have mental problems and have no control over their circumstances and they are left to fend for themselves. Some have families that just abandoned them to the streets. Yes there are some who choose that life, but when someone is truly hungry you don’t place obstacles in their paths, you help them by whatever means necessary.
By the way, don’t anyone start on me about being a hypocrite with the whole moocher thing. Most homeless people don’t get a free check. These folks are in a different situation than the deadbeats who are healthy and able to work.
Stories like this really piss me off.
Mayor Nutter…You sir, are a self centered, first rate asshole! -JRoycroft
March 14, 2012 – It’s been about a year now since I posted this and nothing, nothing has changed. In fact it has only gotten worse. The question is how much longer can we as a country sustain this class warfare under the rule of the Obama regime? We have but one last chance to save our great Republic and our Constitution from that jerk who sits in our White House.
In the news today we have the Democrat headquarters in Lake County Florida flying an American flag with Obama’s picture replacing the blue field and stars. This is just another example of how Democrats disrespect our country and display their hatred for our America heritage. I don’t see how we can possibly survive another four years under this Marxist Communist ruler. He has got to be stopped! -JRoycroft
From March 2011 :
By Neal Boortz :
We all know what happened to the home heating oil assistance program here in the U.S. It was supposed to be a short-term solution to the oil crisis decades ago. It is still with us today as another massive government entitlement program, now redistributing wealth to 9 million people moochers. Well now advocates for the poor, poor, pitiful poor are back to the government trough, asking their great Community Organizer to release over $100 million in emergency money to help the poor, poor pitiful poor pay for their heating bills after a particularly harsh winter.
Can I get an over-under estimate on the numbers of these people waiting anxiously for their heating hand-outs have smart phones and flat-screen TVs? I am just so sick to damn death of these entitlement whores, these moochers who believe that the money that you worked for somehow belongs to them. Just for kicks, let me remind you of what it means to be “poor” in America, according to our Census Bureau.
- Forty-six percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three bedroom house with one and a half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
- Seventy-six percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
- Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two thirds have more than two rooms per person.
- The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
- Nearly three quarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.
- Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
- Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
- Seventy-three percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher.
This entitlement culture .. the idea that the government is the solution to all of our wants and needs .. is contributing to what I call the “wussification of America.” The concept of self reliance is a fading ember among the burnt ruble of our founding principles. By design, generation after generation has been taught in our precious government schools that government is the solution to all their problems. And their actions are allowed to continue because we have a looter segment of society that is complicit in their redistribution efforts. This is because the looters gain power, while the moochers gain “stuff.” As for the producers, what do they gain?? Nothing. Not a damn thing! No society can sustain this.
- Liberal Ignorance and the Entitlement Mentality – Patriot Update (gds44.wordpress.com)
- A Nation of Moochers: America’s Addiction to Getting Something for Nothing (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Op-Ed Columnist: Moochers Against Welfare (nytimes.com)
- Our American Entitlement Society (theroycroftreport.com)
February 16, 2012 – That Obama guy sure has some of his dumb followers fooled -
From Fox Nation:
“The rate of unemployment in the United States has exceeded 8 percent since February 2009, making the past three years the longest stretch of high unemployment in this country since the Great Depression. Moreover, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that the unemployment rate will remain above 8 percent until 2014. The official unemployment rate excludes those individuals who would like to work but have not searched for a job in the past four weeks as well as those who are working part-time but would prefer full-time work; if those people were counted among the unemployed, the unemployment rate in January 2012 would have been about 15 percent. Compounding the problem of high unemployment, the share of unemployed people looking for work for more than six months—referred to as the long-term unemployed—topped 40 percent in December 2009 for the first time since 1948, when such data began to be collected; it has remained above that level ever since.”
View The CBO Report HERE : http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/127xx/doc12757/02-16-Unemployment.pdf
February 9, 2012 - Remember when Mitt Romney made that statement about not caring about the poor, that they have a safety net that takes care of them? Seems that Romney had good reason for making such a crazy statement like that.
Are you aware that in our American entitlement society you have more disposable income as a single mother raising three kids, working one week a month at minimum wage than you do as a married couple raising children, working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job? According to a new report, more than one in three Americans lived in households that received Medicaid, food stamps or other means-based government assistance in mid-2010.
And when Social Security, Medicare and unemployment benefits are included, nearly half of the nation lived in a household that received a government check, according to the analysis of third-quarter 2010 Census data done by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, a libertarian-leaning think tank. That’s more than 148 million Americans
The federal government sent a record $2 trillion to individuals in fiscal 2010, up nearly 75% from 10 years earlier.
That’s right folks, “a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.” Thank the government for that. Our government, with it’s “safety net,” has enabled these people to live a life-style better than that of a married couple working their asses off to raise a family and earn a decent paycheck.
You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.
- The typical “poor” household in America has a car
- 78% of “poor” households in America have air conditioning
- 64% of “poor” households in America have cable or satellite TV .. most have two TVs, along with a DVD player and VCR
- Most “poor” households in America with children have a gaming system such as an Xbox or PlayStation
- 38% of “poor” households in America have a personal computer
- Most “poor” households in America have a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. They also have other household appliances such as a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker.
- The typical “poor” American has more living space than the average European.
- The typical “poor” American family is able to obtain medical care when needed.
- The average “poor” household in America claims to have sufficient funds to meet all essential needs.
God Bless America! -JRoycroft
August 10, 2011 - The riots have been blamed on a police shooting, which is total BS. The shooting has nothing to do with what is going on in London. That excuse doesn’t fly anymore. Now they blame the rich people because the rich have stuff that they don’t have. Just like in America, it’s the haves vs the have nots and they want it all for free. It’s what Obama is trying to create in our own country. What you see in London is what happens when there is no more to take. No more to give to the non-producers.
The London rioters are a bunch of welfare moochers who rely on government for their very survival. Mobs of young drunken worthless punks are destroying the private property of the very people who they rely on for supporting their deadbeat asses.
They set fires to private businesses that employee mothers and fathers who work hard to support their families. They attack and hurt the people who pay for everything they have. These young moochers are spoiled little brats who have no responsibilities and do nothing to help themselves. They live off the backs of those families who get up and go to work every day. These worthless little punks are tiny little maggots who never earned anything they have. Every part of their worthless little lives is supported by the working man and woman. Without the government they cannot exist. Without taxpayers supporting them they wander the streets, eating from garbage cans. At night they lay drunk and naked in the filthy streets, sucking their thumbs crying for their mothers. They are the welfare moocher class that government has created.
Here is the explanation two drunken female British girls gave when asked why they were rioting, “Well, it’s about people that own businesses and the rich, gonna show them we can do whatever we want to do.” Here we have two maggots who admit that they are going after the very people who they rely on for survival. This is how stupid these people are.
They live in a culture which gives them everything, without conditions. Dogs running in the streets are better behaved and have a higher code of values than the young rioters in Tottenham, Hackney, Clapham and Birmingham. They are a dead weight on society and contribute absolutely nothing. They are in fact worthless human debris. They are totally ignorant and have no education.
Take a good close look at London folks because that is our future under Obama. – John Roycroft
This is what happens when a society becomes reliant on a government for its survival … take a look at this insight from Brendan O’Neillon the welfare state of Great Britain:
What we have on the streets of London and elsewhere are welfare-state mobs. The youth who are shattering their own communities represent a generation that has been suckled by the state more than any generation before it. They live in urban territories where the sharp-elbowed intrusion of the welfare state during the past 30 years has pushed aside older ideals of self-reliance and community spirit. The march of the welfare state into every aspect of urban, less well-off people’s existences, from their financial wellbeing to their child-rearing habits and even into their emotional lives, with the rise of therapeutic welfarism designed to ensure that the poor remain “mentally fit”, has undermined individual resourcefulness and social bonding. The antisocial youthful rioters are the end-product of this antisocial system of state intervention.
- Londoners vow to defend themselves against rioters (scientificamerican.com)
- *Sigh* Are we under mob law yet? (rachaelwilmott.wordpress.com)
- London Rioters: “We’re Getting Our Taxes Back” (minx.cc)
June 1, 2011 - The number of people depending on the government is increasing at a dramatic rate. More than 44.5 million Americans, nearly 21 million households, are now receiving food stamps. This is an increase of 11% from one year ago and a 61% increase from just four years ago.
Here is just another example of a government program that has grown out of control. When established in 1964, the Food Stamp Act appropriated $75 million to 350,000 individuals in 40 counties and three cities. At the time, the Agriculture Department estimated that participation in the program would eventually reach 4 million, at a cost of $360 million annually. By 2010, it reached over 40 million Americans costing $68 billion in one year.
And you put these people in charge of your healthcare after they promised to bring down the costs of medical care??
But here we go again. Last week it was Medicare, this week it is food stamps. What I’m talking about are ways for Democrats and the ObamaMedia to make Republicans look like the evil out-of-touch poverty mongers who want people to go hungry while giving tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires. Republicans are reviewing the fiscal year 2012 appropriations bill for the Department of Agriculture that includes $71 billion for food stamps. The problem is that this is $2 billion less than what Obama has requested for the program. But also keep in mind that this $71 billion is STILL a 9% increase from 2011. But immediately, the line from the Democrats and the ObamaMedia is that the Republicans are making cuts on the backs of poor Americans. Here are the two directions for the future of food stamps as per ABC:
- The Republicans’ 2012 budget plan proposes changing SNAP from an entitlement to a block-grant program that would be tailored for each individual state, much like their proposal for Medicaid. States would no longer receive open-ended subsidies and the aid would be contingent on work or job training. It would also limit funding for the program.
- The president’s 2012 budget, however, goes in a completely opposite direction. It aims to make requirements less stringent by temporarily suspending for one year the time limit for certain age groups without dependents. The president also suggested restoring benefit cuts that were included in the Child Nutrition Reauthorization bill last year.
Which future for America would you choose? – Neal Boortz