Posts Tagged ‘News’
May 22, 2013
As with any disaster there is going to be “price gouging” in an effort for some to make an extra buck off the folks who need help the most.
30 investigators from the Oklahoma Attorney Generals office are currently aggressively searching, and finding businesses that are in violation of the Emergency Price Stabilization Act.
“This is something we were putting in place and starting in motion as soon as we knew the threat existed. We’re going to places where we think potential harm could occur. We’re looking at everything from work gloves to water to storage units, hotels and car rentals. And long term, we’ll be dealing with home construction and repair.” said Oklahoma Atty Gen Scott Pruitt.
Here’s the other side of this price gouging issue -
May 22, 2013
Some images need no description. Sit back and watch this heartwarming video.
May 20, 2013
This weekend I will be returning my wife and kids back to her home in Oklahoma for a few weeks while I continue on to California for business. It was supposed to be a fun 3 weeks for her and our kids. Today changed everything.
Lindsay grew up with tornadoes in the news out in Oklahoma, but it’s something she never gets used to.
As we sat in the comfort of our Atlanta home today, we watched the news unfold on the Weather Channel out in Moore Oklahoma. Then the report came in about the Plaza Towers elementary school. As I type this, the latest report is seven little children found drowned in the schools basement.
My dear wife is overcome with grief hearing the terrible news of those poor little kids. Our little Emma and Ava get extra hugs tonight before bedtime.
If you have never witnessed the aftermath of tornado devastation, it cannot be described with words. Seeing it on television does it absolutely no justice. To appreciate mother nature you must be her witness.
The first thing you notice is the mangled landscape, then that awful odor that permeates your sinuses. The odor of gasoline, and natural gas fill the air, mixed with the smell of splintered hard woods and pine trees. There is a deathly silence in the air for several minutes after. Time comes to a complete stop. Then you begin to see the victims emerging, wandering aimlessly about, in shock. Some bloodied, most tattered and dirty. Then you hear the cries of terrified victims, searching for lost family members. The sounds emergency vehicle sirens in the distance. The cries of sheer joy and relief when family are found. The next sounds you hear are chain saws cutting through the downed timber.
It’s not until you experience first hand what mother nature is capable of that you understand how completely helpless you can be.
Please pray for the families and victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. -JRoycroft
MOORE, Okla. – Officials said they are no longer working a search and rescue effort but now a recovery mission…
MOORE, Okla. – Officials have confirmed at least 37 people were killed in the Moore tornado Monday. That number is…
- Photo Galleries / Weather Pics
Tornadoes damaged many areas across the state Sunday. Edmond was hit first then Harrah, Luther, the Wellston area and Twin…
MOORE, Okla. – A tornado over two miles wide ravaged Moore, Oklahoma, Monday afternoon. The Twister damaged or destroyed over…
SHAWNEE, Okla. — The buzz of chain saws is a welcome symphony in Pottawatomie County Monday, the day after a deadly…
- Photo Galleries / Weather Pics
Have severe weather pictures? Upload them here and you could see them on air. Add your pictures by clicking…
May 17, 2013
Most of you that pay attention to the news may have seen that U.S. Marine standing there, umbrella in hand, protecting Barack Obama from the rain during his bullshit press conference.
By the way, that umbrella holding Marine was in direct violation of P1020.34F of the United States Marine Corps Uniform Regulations chapter 3. Way to go Barry.
Ruler Obama can’t give an order to protect Americans when they are under attack by terrorists, but he can damn sure have a U.S. Marine protect his self righteous ass from getting wet. -JRoycroft
May 17, 2013
NASCAR legend Dick Trickle died from a self inflicted gunshot Thursday after calling 911 to report his own suicide.
Story Here: Dick Trickle
Trickle leaves behind his wife of 53 years Darlene and three children.
They are the proud parents of three children. 50-year-old Tod Allen Trickle born on March 22, 1963, 41-year-old Chad Trickle born on March 03, 1972 and their eldest and only daughter 52-year-old Victoria Trickle, now Vicky Trickle Bowman, who once worked as her father’s personal assistant.
May 11, 2013
First of all, I am not taking sides on this issue surrounding Tim Tebow. I’m just pointing out one example of the bullshit that goes on in pro sports, especially among the National Football League. With the exception of Tiger Woods, at least Golf remains a class act when it comes to pro level sports.
Tim Tebow has apparently been blackballed by the NFL. Really? Apparently being a popular Christian football player with a huge following doesn’t set well with the typical tat covered, ghetto thug mentality of today’s NFL. Must really suck to have a bigger, more intelligent following than most of NFL’s thug club. Oh but wait, now we get to watch the politically correct coming out of gay players prancing the around the field playing with their balls. What ever you do, you better not show any religious leanings on or off the field if you ever expect to become an accepted NFL jock.
So let me get this straight, it’s perfectly acceptable for the NFL to give players a pass if they get busted for animal cruelty, murdering and torturing dogs, drunk driving, beating their women, abusing drugs, and homicide? Of course now we are to believe that those acts of violence perpetrated by jocks were likely caused by concussions they received during games. Yea, right.
Want some examples of the NFL hypocrisy? These are some you probably forgot about.
- In 1998, St. Louis Rams’ defensive end Leonard Little ran a red light, while driving drunk and hit and killed wife and mother Susan Gutweiler, 47. Little pleaded guilty to a manslaughter charge, served 90 nights in a work release program and was back on the field the following season. In 2004, he was arrested again on drunk driving charges. In 2006, he was selected for the Pro Bowl.
- In 2000, Baltimore Ravens’ linebacker Ray Lewis pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, and agreed to testify against his two friends, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, in exchange, prosecutors agreed to dismiss murder charges against him. Lewis was accused of stabbing to death two people after a Super Bowl party he attended, where a fight broke out between he and two members of a rapper’s entourage. While the NFL did fine Lewis for the crime, they did not issue any suspension. In 2008, Lewis received his 10th selection to the Pro Bowl.
- In 2003, Chicago Bears’ defensive tackle Christian Peter retired after spending six seasons in the NFL. Before being drafted, Peter was arrested eight times for various offenses while in college at the University of Nebraska, one for grabbing a woman by the throat. Peter was also alleged to have raped a freshman named Kathy Redmond multiple times, while head coach Tom Osborne helped cover up the crime, Osborne has since apologized to Redmond. .In 1993, Peter also sexually assaulted two women. Peter was drafted by the New England Patriots, who in light of his long history of criminal behavior, and his eighth arrest just before the draft, relinquished their rights to him. Peter entered the NFL the following season with the New York Giants.
- In 2005, Cleveland Browns’ running back Jamal Lewis served 4 months in prison for attempting to set up a drug deal. Lewis was caught in 2004, as he tried to obtain and distribute five kilograms of cocaine. He received a four-game suspension. In 2008, Lewis rushed for 1,000 yards.
- Between 2005-2007, Dallas Cowboys’ cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was arrested and/or convicted of multiple charges including disorderly conduct, public intoxication, assault, felony vandalism. In 2006, Jones was arrested for spitting in a woman’s face at a Nashville nightclub. In 2007, Jones assaulted a stripper in a Las Vegas club and threatened the life of a security guard, Jones eventually pleaded guilty to lesser charges. Jones was suspended for the 2007 NFL season, but returned to the league with the Cowboys in 2008.
- In 2006, Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive tackle Tank Johnson was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest, after allegedly threatening a Chicago police officer. At the time of his arrest, Johnson was on probation for a 2005 guilty plea to carrying a concealed weapon. Johnson was also charged with further probation violations in 2006. Johnson received an eight-game suspension, after serving 43 days in jail.
- In April 2009, Cleveland Browns’ wide receiver Donte Stallworth pleaded guilty to manslaughter charges and received a laughable 30-days in jail after hitting and killing husband and father Mario Reyes, 59 in Miami, Stallworth was drunk at the time. Officially, Stallworth is still on suspension from the NFL. The Browns have not released Stallworth, who signed him to a $35 million contract two weeks before he killed Reyes.
- During the 2007 NFL season alone, an incredible 21 percent of the players had arrest records.
What was it that Bob Costas said about the culture of violence in the NFL during his little pro-gun control rant on prime time television last season? Maybe he should add those Christian Cult followers in his next politically correct NFL rant. -JRoycroft
May 8, 2013
The Obama Administration’s on-going cover up surrounding the events of the Benghazi terrorist attack 0f 9/11 have been compared to the Nixon Watergate cover up. Some, including Mike Huckabee, believe this will be the death of the Obama regime. Not a chance. Why? Well because there is one huge difference between Watergate and Benghazi- the media in 1972 – 1974 were on a mission to find out the truth, and they did. It was a different time then and most Americans cared about our country. We cared about who led our nation.
Today’s liberal media is on a mission to hide the truth or at its least, delay telling the truth about Benghazi. Obama can take comfort in knowing that the liberal news media will do everything in it’s power to protect their corrupt Ruler, and the folks that voted for him will also stand behind him while he and his dishonest partners continue hiding and lying about Benghazi.
The facts are coming out now, and it will soon be known to everyone how the Obama Administration, including Hillary Clinton, tried to hide the facts surrounding the violent terrorist attack and murders of American citizens in Benghazi.
As a result of the June 17, 1972, break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C., resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction, and incarceration of forty-three people including many of Nixon’s top officials.
On August 9, 1974 President Richard M. Nixon resigned his office.
Barack H. Obama is not man enough to follow in Richard Nixon’s footsteps. -JRoycroft
'WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?'
Shock testimony from Benghazi witnesses...
Moment-by-moment account of attack...
Emotional recollection of murders...
CONGRESSMAN: 'Death is part of life'...
DEM BLAMES BUDGET CUTS!!!!
Another vows to 'protect' others at State Department...
Fourth whistleblower blocked from testifying...
Witness told not to meet with Congressional investigators...
White House claims 'attempts to politicize'...
'Operation Smear' already underway...
Bolton: Could bring down admin...
Cheney rips 'leadership'...
Hillary in spotlight...
MOTHER: 'I BLAME HER'...
May 8, 2013
In the midst of the Obama regime trying to take away our freedoms, liberties and our right to protect ourselves with firearms, a new study done by Pew Research tells a different story than Obama would like you to hear. Gun related homicides are down 49% since 1993.
I’m still waiting for someone in the black community to come forward and speak out against the culture of predatory violence in America. Not holding my breath on that one. I’m guessing it isn’t important enough to get the race pimps off their lazy asses. As long as young urban thugs are killing each other I suppose it’s all ok by the Jesse Jacksons and the Al Sharptons. Of course throw a mix into the killings and we all know how fast the race pimps can turn a Hispanic, George Zimmerman, into a white guy when the opportunity for racial unrest rears it’s ugly head. -JRoycroft
U.S. Firearm Deaths
- In 2010, there were 3.6 gun homicides per 100,000 people, compared with 7.0 in 1993, according to CDC data.
- In 2010, CDC data counted 11,078 gun homicide deaths, compared with 18,253 in 1993.5
- Men and boys make up the vast majority (84% in 2010) of gun homicide victims. The firearm homicide rate also is more than five times as high for males of all ages (6.2 deaths per 100,000 people) as it is for females (1.1 deaths per 100,000 people).
- By age group, 69% of gun homicide victims in 2010 were ages 18 to 40, an age range that was 31% of the population that year. Gun homicide rates also are highest for adults ages 18 to 24 and 25 to 40.
- A disproportionate share of gun homicide victims are black (55% in 2010, compared with the 13% black share of the population). Whites were 25% of victims but 65% of the population in 2010. Hispanics were 17% of victims and 16% of the population in 2010.
- The firearm suicide rate (6.3 per 100,000 people) is higher than the firearm homicide rate and has come down less sharply. The number of gun suicide deaths (19,392 in 2010) outnumbered gun homicides, as has been true since at least 1981.