Posts Tagged ‘Government’
January 9, 2013 - On January 18, 2013, Neal Boortz, one of America’s most popular Libertarian talk radio hosts will be retiring, and living one of his dreams, to travel the world with his Queen.
Neal Boortz has started a petition to get a one on one sit down meeting with Barack Obama. He needs 25,000 signatures to make this petition valid. http://wh.gov/P596
What a great idea! Please join me in signing the petition and lets see if Obama has the nads to meet with Neal Boortz. It’s possible that Obama could take the bait. Like Boortz said, “Lightening could strike.”
There’s nothing to be afraid of by signing the White House petition. Yes, you have to give up some information about yourself, but it’s nothing the government doesn’t already know about you anyway. So go for it. Support Neal in his effort to explain the FairTax to our dear Ruler. After all, who better to explain to Obama than the guy who wrote the book on the FairTax? (along with John Linder)
This from Erick Erickson at RedState :
As a parting gift from America, please consider signing this White House petition. Neal wants an hour of the President’s time to talk tax policy, particularly the FairTax. The White House says Neal’s petition must get to 25,000 signatures before February 7th to get a White House response.
Go here now. Sign the petition. Let’s make it happen. It would be staggeringly awesome.
So let’s get this petition moving and give Neal his opportunity to convince Obama that the FairTax is the best answer we have right now to get a start on moving our economy in the right direction. -JRoycroft
January 2, 2013 – Welcome to Obama’s world. I hope you folks got exactly what you voted for. -JRoycroft
“I am EMBARRASSED by our so called leaders. This fiscal cliff “deal” is a scam and a farce. For the President to now come out and and say he’s for budget cuts and fiscal responsibility??? How dumb must he think we are! You who voted for him and his party, have no one but yourselves to blame. I warned you… but you wanted to believe the lies. Our posterity will pay the price for your foolishness.
May God have mercy on this great Republic.” -Rusty Humphries
…And there’s a whole lot more coming!
December 12, 2012 -Yesterday I was a little bored, and posted a bit of humor for a change about Obama. Trust me, there really is nothing funny about him. The man scares the hell out of me.
It comes to no great surprise to me that someone other than myself believes the man is dangerous, and not thinking clearly about anything he is doing. The man is on a path of trying to systematically destroy the very people who built this great country. Within the next four years we are going to see the collapse of what was once the greatest, most powerful nation on this earth. Please read what Neal has to say about this man who has dedicated his life to destroying the top producers in America – And he is doing it with the full support of a classless group of followers. We are the majority in this equation, yet the minority is winning the fight.
Neal Boortz makes an expertly crafted observation about the mental capacity of Barack Obama. This man is dangerous, and his objectives are very clear. The problem is with his capacity to think rationally. -JRoycroft
We Have A Problem — A Real Problem
By Neal Boortz
No .. I’m not talking about the fiscal cliff, nor am I talking about the almost $100 trillion in unfunded liabilities we face as a nation. Iran and a nuke? Yeah .. that’s serious all right, but I’m told that we are messin’ with Iran right now in ways that you couldn’t even imagine – ways that could derail their nuclear plans for some time to come. Is the real problem our sagging economy? An oncoming second recession? The growth of government dependency? Sure … all of those are problems and all are difficult to deal with … but they pale to insignificance to the problem I’m bringing up here.
I think that it is truly time for us – those of us capable of thinking clearly and, perhaps, just a bit outside the box – to consider the possibility that somehow we have found ourselves with a president who is not all there. Yes. I mean that. This president was never vetted by the media; that would have been racist. He is a man with an admitted history of drug use. Those portions of his past that he has not chosen to write about are shrouded in dark mystery. And — now think about this — for perhaps the first time since they started issuing security clearances, we have a president who simply could not qualify for one. If Obama were being hired to work in the White House, instead of occupying it, the FBI would simply recommend against a security clearance and the job would go away. Isn’t it funny how a history with drug abuse and associations with known and convicted domestic terrorists and crime figures can screw up a good day?
The work, I think, that I’m looking for here is “psychosis.” In this case I believe we have a man – a president – with an obsession bordering on psychosis for punishing wealthy people for what he sees as the crime of becoming wealthy.
I could go into detail here on the influences Obama’s father, his mother, and his communist mentor Frank Marshall Davis had on Obama during his formative years. I could then follow up with the influences of Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, and those Marxist professors and student groups he says he liked to hand around in college. What we should concern ourselves with, however, is where these influences led Obama, and the answer is clear. Obama has a deep, ingrained and very powerful hatred of the rich. He believes that people with wealth acquired their riches by exploiting and oppressing others. He makes exceptions, of course, for the fabulously rich athletes and entertainers, who surround him, fawn over him, worship him, and defend him. Bread and circuses have always been a part of the leftist methodology. The left will excuse any accumulation of wealth if it serves the end of distracting the public from matters that really might have an affect on their lives.
Back, though, to Obama’s obsession with punishing the wealth; and that’s his primary goal – punishment. Raising revenues is only secondary in his mind.
I’ve gone through this before, but just start collecting some rhetorical gems from Dear Ruler over the years. It bears repeating …
- Obama’s statement to Joe the Plumber that we need to spread the wealth around. He did not say we needed to raise taxes to fund government. The purpose was to take from those who had earned the excess wealth and then give it to those who had not.
- Obama’s statement to Charlie Gibson that even though increasing capital gains taxes would not lead to more revenue, it needed to be done “out of fairness.” Again — increased revenue to fund government or pay down the debt was not the issue.
- Obama’s admonition to high-achievers that at some point they needed to admit that they’ve made enough money. Again – no drive for increased government revenues here.
Do you get the picture here? This is an obsession for punishing the rich, not an attempt to develop sound economic policy. To really track the path of Obama’s obsession with punishing just take a look at the changes in rhetoric as the arguments mounted against his beloved tax increase on the wealthy.
In the beginning Obama tells the people that the rich “need to pay their fair share.” The “fair share” line comes right out of Democrat focus groups. We’re taught from infancy that fairness is good … everyone and everything should be fair … and that includes what we pay in taxes. And if Obama is saying that the rich “need to” pay their fair share, well then that must mean that they’re not paying their fair share now and something should be done about it.
Then Obama and the Democrats gradually change the rhetoric. It goes from the rich “need” or “should” pay their fair share to the rich “aren’t” paying their fair share and their taxes must be increased.
The Republicans respond with an offer to revise the tax code by eliminating some deductions. Now even though we have a spending problem, not a tax revenue problem, this offer made much better sense than just raising the tax rates. Why? Because Obama’s tax increase would hit small businesses. Now Obama was right when he said that over 95% of small businesses would not be hit with the tax increase. What he didn’t say is that the three percent or so of the businesses that WOULD be nailed are the businesses that employ 70% of all Americans and are right now are providing over 50% of all new private sector jobs. The changes in tax deductions the Republicans were proposing would not affect these businesses and their tax burdens would not increase.
Obama knew that if the people actually started paying attention they would realize that the GOP proposal to modify tax deductions would produce the revenue increases Dear Ruler says he wants while protecting small businesses. This meant he had to change his rhetoric again. So now we have Obama largely abandoning his “raise taxes on the rich” rhetoric to “raise tax RATES on the rich.” Referencing tax RATES suppresses GOP arguments for other ways to raise revenues.
All of this shows that Obama’s concern is not so much with increasing tax revenues as it is with punishing high-achievers whom Obama feels obtained their wealth through dishonesty, exploitation and oppression. If you follow the news as closely as I do you will see that many low-information Americans out there will echo this sentiment. Obama is probably aware that increases in tax rates seldom result in the revenues wished for. He cares not. It’s about retribution and punishment, not dealing with our deficit and spending problem.
December 10, 2012 - A U.S. District Court Judge by the name of James C. Fox has ruled that North Carolina cannot produce or distribute the “Choose Life” license plate.
Judge Fox concluded, “The State’s offering of a Choose Life license plate in the absence of a pro-choice plate constitutes viewpoint discrimination in violation of the First Amendment.”
Let me get this straight…This license plate somehow violates someone else’s rights, but ObamaCare is deemed Constitutional?
Of course it’s perfectly ok with the Federal Government to force me to pay for your abortion. You voted for it. -JRoycroft
December 3, 2012 – Here it comes folks- the IRS has issued 159 pages of new rules for your reading pleasure, and here I sit not really give one damn about it. You voted for this, and now I sit back for the next four years watching it all come back, and landing right smack in your laps where it belongs.
I take no enjoyment watching my income being spread, by force, to those who have no idea what it means to struggle and bust your ass to achieve success. I take no enjoyment watching my business associates permanently closing their doors after building a dream, only to have the government take it all away. I do however, take extreme enjoyment knowing that a lot of the people who are losing their jobs due to cut backs are Obama supporters. You are being targeted by your employers as a primary cause for all of this Obama bullshit being forced upon us. Trust me on this, if you have a vehicle with an Obama bumper sticker your days are numbered. There is an extremely good chance you are on a lay off list. That makes me very, very happy. So yes, I sit back for the next four years with the comfort of knowing that what goes around comes around. -JRoycroft
(Reuters) – The Internal Revenue Service has released new rules for investment income taxes on capital gains and dividends earned by high-income individuals that passed Congress as part of the 2010 healthcare reform law.
The 3.8 percent surtax on investment income, meant to help pay for healthcare, goes into effect in 2013. It is the first surtax to be applied to capital gains and dividend income.
The tax affects only individuals with more than $200,000 in modified adjusted gross income (MAGI), and married couples filing jointly with more than $250,000 of MAGI. Read Full story Here
Even with these FACTS, Obama dumbasses still voted for the man who will continue to screw the American people, with intent.
Today, all across the country business owners are firing people in an effort to save themselves from ObamaCare. We all knew it was going to happen. In the coming weeks and months the hundreds of thousands of people are going to be added to the unemployed statistics because of ObamaCare. If by now you haven’t figured out why that is, then you are just too damned stupid to ever understand.
- Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by well over $6 trillion by the end of his term on Jan. 20, 2013, according to the debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury. That $6+ trillion is more debt than was accumulated by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.
- Economist Edward Lazear has cut through all of Barack Obama’s claims about “creating jobs” with one plain and inescapable fact — “there hasn’t been one day during the entire Obama presidency when as many Americans were working as on the day President Bush left office.” Whatever number of jobs were created during the Obama administration, more have been lost.
- In October 2012, there were 12.3 million officially unemployed workers. That’s 209,000 more than when President Obama took office in January 2009 – when the Administration said “we were in economic free-fall.”
- If the unemployment rate included the “invisible unemployed” (discouraged workers who have dropped out or never joined the workforce), the October 2012 unemployment rate would be 10.9%
- During the Obama Administration workforce dropouts have outnumbered new employees by almost 7 to 1.
- For every person added to the jobs rolls since January 2009, 75 people have been added to the food stamp rolls. Think about that. Every person with a new job had his or her own 75 food stamp parasites to support. This can only be done with borrowed money.
- In October 2012, there were 5.0 million long-term unemployed (that is, for over six months) – 2.3 million more than when President Obama took office in January 2009.
- Since January 2009, the number of full-time employees has fallen by 371,000 while part-time employment has grown by over 1.5 million. This means part-time workers account for all of the net employment growth in the Obama years
- October’s 7.9% unemployment rate remains far above the 5.4% rate the Administration predicted for this month in their January 2009 report on the projected effects of stimulus. Democrats actually predicted unemployment would peak at the current 7.9% rate in July 2009 – over three years ago.
- This is the only “recovery” since World War II (when official jobs data began) when jobs lost in the recession had not been recovered by this point.
- In 1934, 35 and 36 our economy grew at 11%, 9% and 13%. Economic growth in 2010 was 3%. In 2011 it was 1.7%. This year we’re running between 2 and 3%.
- During the time Barack Obama has been president, the U.S. government debt has increased from approximately $143,255 per American under 18 to approximately $218,676 per American under 18–a climb of $75,421 or about 53 percent.
- If Barack Obama wins re-election, the national debt will hit $20 trillion. America’s gross federal debt will reach $20.3 trillion at the end of 2016 under Obama’s budget path, according to the White House Office of Management and Budget.
- 60 percent of American households now get more in federal transfer income than they pay in all federal taxes. While it is not surprising that low income households receive more in transfer income than they pay in all federal taxes, it was surprising to learn that households in the middle quintile are now over that threshold.
- Since January 2009, 586,000 manufacturing jobs have been eliminated, the opposite of the Administration’s projected increase of 408,000 manufacturing jobs due to their trillion-dollar stimulus.
- The first year of the Obama presidency, 2009, is the largest year in decades, with federal outlays totaling a whopping 25.2 percent of GDP. Since then, federal outlays relative to GDP have fallen, but they are still incredibly large. In fact, you have to go back to 1946 to find a year when federal outlays were as large as they have been every year of the Obama presidency.
- According to a new report released by the World Bank, “policymakers in 108 economies implemented 201 regulatory reforms in the last year alone that made it easier for their entrepreneurs to do business.” But here’s the catch … the United States wasn’t one of them! In fact, we are going in the opposite direction: “America’s competitiveness dropped in seven of the 10 sub-indicators, including paying taxes, enforcing contracts, and starting a business.”
- President Obama has spent the past year punting on a slew of job-killing EPA regulations that will destroy millions of American jobs and cause energy prices to skyrocket even more. From greenhouse gas regulations to water guidance to the tightening of the ozone standard, the Obama-EPA has delayed the implementation of rule after rule because they don’t want all those pink slips and price spikes to hit until after the election. The independent and non-partisan Manhattan Institute estimates that the EPA’s greenhouse gas coal regulation will cost the U.S. economy $700 billion.
- Some 10,215 new federal regulations from the Obama administration are costing consumers, businesses and the economy overall $46 billion annually, more than five times the regulatory price tag of former President Bush in his first three years in office.
- In 2007 90% of all college graduates found a job. Today that figure is 56%.
- Means-tested welfare spending has increase 32% since 2008. The largest increase in welfare spending went to none other than food stamps – a 71% increase in spending since 2008. According to the Heritage Foundation, “If converted to cash, means-tested welfare spending is more than five times the amount needed to eliminate all poverty in the United States.”
- There are upwards of 20 new taxes included in order to pay for the President’s takeover of the healthcare industry. Several taxes for ObamaCare have yet to take effect, though the largest – an increase in the Hospital Insurance portion of the payroll tax – begins in 2013. Combined, the taxes will cost Americans $836.3 billion through 2022.
- Obama has called Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget “an attempt to impose a radical vision on our country,” but if something radical doesn’t happen, entitlement spending will nearly double by 2050.
Moving forward, shit did I really say that? Anyways, moving ahead, I will not be discouraged by what happened yesterday, nor will I allow the moochers to go unnoticed when they find themselves in front of me at the store checkout with their EBT card. I fully intend on showing my ass, so to speak, when that day comes. Moochers need to be humiliated in public.
Not that anyone of lesser intelligence gives a rats ass, those were a few facts why you should not have voted for that Marxist piece of shit. Yes, I know, I’m being disrespectful to that classless jerk. Bite me! -JRoycroft
October 22, 2012 – Who knew that our, Ruler Barack Obama, would have turned out to be the submissive type?
I’m guessing there’s a pretty good chance that Obama has read, “Fifty Shades of Grey,” and I think it’s safe to assume which role he would have played. Let’s just say he wouldn’t be the one wearing a grey tie to the red room event.
Our dear Ruler Obama, bowing to world leaders and kissing enemy ass like a good little boy. So, is it any wonder why people like Castro, Putin and Chavez want Obama to be re-elected? -JRoycroft
October 12, 2012 – As I sat and tried to watch the debate last night, I was constantly distracted by my inner self as wishing Paul Ryan would look deep into Joe Biden’s smiling face and bitch slap him back into reality. Joe Biden is a classless clown, as proven last night.
My prediction last night on Facebook would be that Joe Biden would come out as the dumbest VP in history. Thanks Joe for proving my point.
Biden came across like a “stoned pothead” right out of a Cheech and Chong movie. I’m not saying he was smoking anything, but the guy was clearly having some issues last night. Maybe one too many drinks Joe? -JRoycroft
The national media also took note of Biden’s classless act last night:
TIME’s Michael Scherer: “Not sure debate cameras have been light tested for Biden’s teeth. Best to watch with sunglasses.”
Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein: “Biden’s strategy seems to be to laugh at Ryan constantly. Will it work to infantalize Ryan, or backfire like Gore sighing?”
NBC’s David Gregory: “Biden’s smile is out of control.”
BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith: “So did Biden practice laughing at Ryan???”
ABC’s Rick Klein: “Biden on verge of breaking down in laughter when Ryan talks.”
Former Eric Cantor staffer Brad Dayspring: “Joe Biden needs to realize this isn’t a Senate Foreign Relations Hearing. His laughter and condescending attitude is a disaster.”
Radio host Neal Boortz: “Looking like Biden’s gameplan is to laugh his way through this.”
Townhall.com’s Guy Benson: “Will Biden laugh his ass off at the terrible economy, too?”
MSNBC’s S.E. Cupp: “Biden needs to laugh a little less through the Libya, Middle East, nuclear Iran segment.”
Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza: “Ok. I have decided. I find the Biden smile slightly unsettling.”
October 5, 2012 – (Updated 3:49 pm) Here are the latest job stats from our Imperial Federal Government. You should take note of the U-6 Stats which are the more accurate measure of our state of unemployment today. You will be hearing in the media about the unemployment stats released today may not be accurate or might even be manipulated to show a decrease below 8%. When you do the math, anything below 8% is very hard to believe. Here are the numbers, you decide. -JRoycroft
Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization
|Measure||Not seasonally adjusted||Seasonally adjusted|
|U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer, as a percent of the civilian labor force||5.2||4.3||4.2||5.3||4.6||4.6||4.5||4.4||4.3|
|U-2 Job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs, as a percent of the civilian labor force||5.0||4.4||4.0||5.2||4.5||4.6||4.6||4.5||4.2|
|U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (official unemployment rate)||8.8||8.2||7.6||9.0||8.2||8.2||8.3||8.1||7.8|
|U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged workers, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus discouraged workers||9.4||8.7||8.0||9.6||8.7||8.7||8.8||8.6||8.3|
|U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged workers, plus all other persons marginally attached to the labor force, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force||10.2||9.7||9.0||10.5||9.6||9.7||9.7||9.6||9.3|
|U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force||15.7||14.6||14.2||16.4||14.8||14.9||15.0||14.7||14.7|
|NOTE: Persons marginally attached to the labor force are those who currently are neither working nor looking for work but indicate that they want and are available for a job and have looked for work sometime in the past 12 months. Discouraged workers, a subset of the marginally attached, have given a job-market related reason for not currently looking for work. Persons employed part time for economic reasons are those who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule. Updated population controls are introduced annually with the release of January data.|