Archive for June 18th, 2012
June 18, 2012 – HBO host Bill Maher has this stupid idea that the Drudge Report is somehow racist. So typical of the candy ass left. They sit and look for excuses to pull the old reliable race card against Conservatives. Friday night, Maher told his audience of dumb masses that Drudge Report content demonstrates “racism in America.” He did this by pointing out all of the black individuals posted in recent Drudge news stories. In particular, the month of April.
Bill Maher used six photographs of black men from Drudge to try and prove his point that Matt Drudge was being racist.
“The problem with racism is Matt Drudge,” Maher said. “I pick from Matt Drudge’s website — just this, over a month we monitored this. Just show some of the pictures that were on — there, Mike Tyson looking like he’s going to eat your head. Oh yes, Louis Farrakhan — because he’s so relevant now. Oh, and Marion Barry, he’s in the news also. Oh yes, Rev. Wright, because he matters to your life so much. This is who appears on the Drudge Report. Oh yes, and there’s Al Sharpton telling Eric Holder what he should do, and Michael Jordan angry, because that’s how we all remember him. This is racism in America.”
Of course Maher never once explained why those photographs were used or what their stories were about. He just left his audience with the vision of black men being used in a racist way. Typical of the ignorant left.
Here are the facts behind the photographs, something that Bill Maher intentionally neglected to explain. Drudge Report Archives:
- The Mike Tyson image accompanied an April 12 story in which the former boxer expressed disgust at the fact that George Zimmerman, the Florida man charged in the murder of Trayvon Martin, had not yet been shot.
- The Louis Farrakhan picture was attached to an April 17 story in which the black nationalist heaped praise on conservative commentator Pat Buchanan — calling him a “great Republican.”
- On April 5, a picture of Marion Barry was featured atop a story of the D.C. Council member and former D.C. mayor expressing anger at the District’s Asian-American community for opening businesses in the city, instead of African Americans. “We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”
- The picture of MSNBC host Al Sharpton and Attorney General Eric Holder appeared on April 11, with a story about Holder praising the left-wing activist for his efforts — protesting and rallying — on behalf of slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
- Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s picture was featured with an April 10 story about the president’s former pastor claiming that “white supremacy” is driving “world policy” and that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas worships “some other god.
- April 27’s Michael Jordan picture appeared with a story about how the Charlotte Bobcats’ basketball team owner presided over the “NBA’s worst team ever.”
I would go as far to say that Bill Maher is the one who should be questioned about his racist thoughts, or more accurately, his bigoted thoughts. After all, isn’t it Bill Maher who sees nothing but black images in these stories?
The problem isn’t Matt Drudge, the problem is ignorant assholes like Bill Maher. -JRoycroft