Archive for March 27th, 2012
March 27, 2012 - Obama really knows how to pick his favorites! Seems that the more we hear about that innocent little boy Trayvon Martin, the more we learn that he may have been just another punk.
Caution should be taken in passing any judgment on Martin because it is entirely possible to fake a Twitter account or Facebook account. So with that said, here is some of the latest news coming out about Martin :
The Daily Caller, a conservative news site, has published 152 pages of tweets it says were copied from Trayvon Martin’s Twitter account before it was taken down. Here is a small sample of the messages by a user with the handle ‘@NO_LIMIT_N***A’ sent and received in the months before Trayvon’s death:
- (From a cousin): Yu ain’t tell me yu swung on a bus driver
- PLZZ EXERCISE YO RIGHT 2 REMAIN SILENT.. DAM
- 2 glock 40′s… b**** you got 80 problems
- Finna (I’m fixing to) smoke 1 wit my dawg wayne
- Lol so daisha think she a boss cuz she walkd in class late 2day…. i do that everyday
- Sum stuff u jus gotta tak 2 da grav w/ u
- Early release 2day. No skool 2maro >>>>>>>>>>
Some other interesting information that has been leaked about Trayvon Martin :
- The teen was suspended from school three times
- He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a ‘marijuana pipe’ and a baggie with drug residue
- Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a ‘burglary tool’ and a bag full of women’s jewelry
- Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness
- Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign
- New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested
- George Zimmerman. If Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon, as he claims, he had the legal authority to use deadly force to repel the attack. BUT .. and this is a big but here .. if he was pursuing Trayvon, as he said he was, the SYG law would not protect him from prosecution. Zimmerman wasn’t standing his ground. He was in pursuit. I see no reason for repeal of SYG here because the law will not stand as a defense for what Zimmerman did. By the way …. I heard Juan Williams on Fox News Channel say – not once, but several times — that George Zimmerman had been told by the police to stop his pursuit of Trayvon. First of all, there is no evidence that the 911 dispatcher Zimmerman was talking to was was a police officer. Secondly, the dispatcher didn’t say “Don’t do that.” The dispatcher said “You don’t need to be doing that.” Telling someone that they don’t need to be doing something is quite different from telling someone NOT to do something. Williams should understand this.
- Trayvon Martin: How would the SYG law stand to protect Trayvon? If Trayvon had noticed he was being followed, and if he elected to flee his pursuer he would have every right to do so. He would also have every right to turn and to confront his pursuer. That would be “standing your ground.” So the rumored testimony of this eyewitness who said he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon pummeling him does not necessarily implicate Trayvon. If he was standing his ground he was acting within the law.
- Now here’s where it could get complicated. What if Zimmerman had ceased his pursuit of Trayvon and retreated to his car. What if Trayvon then pursued Zimmerman to his car and attacked him. Trayvon would then lose his protection under SYG, just as Zimmerman did when he initiated a pursuit. But if Zimmerman than became the pursued instead of the pursuer, does he then have the SYG law to rely on? That’s an interesting question, and one that I think would have to be put in front of a jury.
So there you go … now that should give you something else to chat about with your friends at lunch tomorrow. -JRoycroft
- Should Trayvon Martin’s Past Be Considered In His Murder Case? (hellobeautiful.com)
- Zimmerman told police Trayvon punched him, bashed his head on sidewalk (thegrio.com)
- Sanford FL: The Backlash Begins (lezgetreal.com)
- Trayvon Martin Case: Something is Very Wrong (candidobservation.wordpress.com)