Archive for March 22nd, 2012
March 22, 2012 - Well it’s opening night for the long awaited showing of “The Hunger Games” and my wife will be there showing support for District 12.
- What’s the Moral of The Hunger Games? What the Stars Want You to Know (news.instyle.com)
- SparkleGirl’s Geek Products | The Hunger Games (dnextraordinaire.wordpress.com)
- Preparing for The Hunger Games (thelupinelibrarian.me)
- ‘The Hunger Games’: If you were a tribute, what would you want parachuted to you? – VIDEO (popwatch.ew.com)
March 22, 2012 - On Twitter yesterday and today, Farrakhan sent tweets that could be interpreted as a threat. With all the concern and tempers rising over the killing of Trayvon Martin, will so called black leaders push riot the button?
Farrakhan Tweets. Read story HERE
March 21, 2012 - Trayvon Martin protesters are being bussed in by the hundreds from all over the country to join the protest in Sanford, Florida. Thousands are expected swarm into Sanford over the next few days to protest for justice.
Here in Atlanta more than 100 activists gathered at First Iconium Baptist Church at 5:30 a.m. on Thursday to embark for Sanford, Florida to call for justice on the Trayvon Martin killing.
Comparisons are being made to past cases such as the murder of Emmett Till, who was murdered in Mississippi in the 1950s after he was seen flirting with a white woman. Locally there is Ariston Waiters, who was shot twice in the back by a Union City, Georgia police officer in December. No one has been charged in his death, and the Waiters family contests police statements that their son was shot after a struggle for the officer’s weapon.
Mean while the F.B.I is conducting an intense investigation into the shooting and focusing on whether the shooter, George Zimmerman muttered a racial slur during his 911 call that night of February 26, 2012. Forensic audio testing of the 911 tape will determine in Zimmerman could also be charged with a “hate” crime. As of this posting, George Zimmerman still remains a free man charged with nothing.
There are people, Al Sharpton in particular, who want to take advantage of this tragedy and exploit it in promoting their own agenda. Race will be the primary focus rather than criminial justice. Then there are the groups, NAACP, Black Panther Party and who knows what else will use this as their opportunity for media pimping.
Because Treyvon Martin was black and Zimmerman is either white or Hispanic, the protest will be all about racism. Al Sharpton, known for being a pathological liar and race whore will be the first to scream racism. Sharpton will also be the self appointed black leader of the protest.
Neal Boortz mentioned in his blog today …
busloads of demonstrators arriving from around the Southeast for protests today. Here’s the danger. I have friends in Sanford, and they’re telling me that there is a high level of sympathy for the position that Zimmerman should be arrested, charged, tried, convicted and jailed. They’re not happy, though, with the prospect of – to use Sharpton’s term – “interlopers” coming to Sanford to paint their community as a hotbed of racism. These demonstrations will only serve to anger the locals and to temper their desire for justice in this case.
Hopefully the protesters will remain calm, and cool heads will prevail during this time of gathering for justice. The outcome will depend on how the legal authorities handle Mr George Zimmerman. If he is not charged and subsequently convicted, there may be hell to pay in Sanford, Florida. -JRoycroft
- Trayvon Martin Case: Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee Steps Down ‘Temporarily’ (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Al Sharpton Will Attend Trayvon Martin Rally Despite Mom’s Death (theroot.com)
- Breaking: Sanford Police Chief Steps Down “Temporarily” (skydancingblog.com)
- Trayvon Martin case: Live updates from on the ground in Sanford (thegrio.com)
- Skittles: Taste the Injustice – Thoughts On Trayvon Martin (jayhall2502.wordpress.com)
- RE: Trayvon Martin – Please sign the petition (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- My Kid’s Name is Trayvon Martin (onefinalblog.wordpress.com)
- 10 Things You Need To Know About The Trayvon Martin Case (buzzfeed.com)