George Clooney And His Father Arrested
March 17, 2012 - Oscar-winning actor George Clooney was arrested and later released after paying a $100 fine for trespassing at Sudan’s embassy in Washington, D.C.
Clooney was among the group of congressmen and activists arrested for ignoring warnings and crossing a police line outside the embassy.
In addition to Clooney and his father, journalist Nick Clooney, Democratic Reps. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts, Jim Moran of Virgina and Al Green of Texas were arrested. Activists including NAACP President Ben Jealous, Martin Luther King III and John Prendergast of the Enough Project were also arrested.
After my hero Morgan Freeman let me down with his Tea Party comments I have learned to just ignore the political side of these actors and try to focus on what they do best, act. They have their beliefs and ability to gain attention. Good for them. -JRoycroft
Story and VIDEO: HERE
- George Clooney Jokes About His Arrest, Says Stacy Keibler Is “Probably Thrilled” (popsugar.com)
- George Clooney Gets Arrested! (q104.radio.com)
- George Clooney Arrested At Sudanese Embassy Protest (alan.com)
- George Clooney Arrested At Sudanese Embassy (fox2now.com)
- Actor George Clooney Led Away in Handcuffs (fox4kc.com)
- George Clooney ARRESTED at Sudan Embassy in DC (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- George Clooney And His Father Arrested Outside Sudanese Embassy (mediaite.com)
- George Clooney Arrested in Washington, D.C. (justjared.com)