Archive for October 2011
October 31, 2011- Well it was just a matter of time before we would begin hearing negative reports about Presidential candidate Herman Cain. Now that Cain is a solid front runner, he has become the target of a major smear campaign. You can count on the Obamamedia to do everything it can to derail the Cain Train from now till 2012. The Democrats are running scared because they now understand that Herman Cain is Obama’s worst nightmare. Let the battle begin!
This story from the Associated Press : By KASIE HUNT, AP
- Herman Cain Sexual Harassment Accusations: GOP Presidential Candidate Denies Politico Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- Exclusive: Two women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behavior – Source: Politico (curmilus.wordpress.com)
- Cain denies report of sexual harassment (sfgate.com)
- Herman Cain Accused Of Sexually Suggestive Behavior (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Herman Cain denies sexual harassment claims – CBS News (news.google.com)
- Exclusive Politico.com: Two Women Accused Herman Cain of Inappropriate Behavior (maboulette.wordpress.com)
October 30, 2011- On a recent visit to the zoo, this little jock moves in on my sweet little girl. Any guy that wears his hat backwards is not bright enough to hang with my kid. She’s barely 3, tomorrow she’ll be wanting to date. I’m thinking a long talk about why men are pigs will be coming soon. You guys know exactly what I’m talking about!
October 28, 2011- The Washington Post wants to make the case that Marco Rubio could be a risky Vice Presidential pick for the GOP. This is the same Washington Post that attacked Marco Rubio last week for “misrepresenting” his family’s story. Other news agencies busted the Washington Post for stretching the truth in an effort to make their case. In the quotes the Washington Post cited, the reporter misrepresented the context of Marco Rubio’s remarks.
The Washington Post also joined forces with Univision in their smear campaign against Rubio. When Marco Rubio refused to do an interview with Univision, an extremely liberal leaning network, Univision ran a report on Marco Rubio’s brother-in-law getting arrested 24 years ago for drug trafficking.
So here we have the left using the liberal media to attack Rubio, and the Obama administration is attacking Mitt Romney. Sounds to me like the Democrats are pretty damn scared of the Republican duo. Every Republican knows the two would make a powerful team that would destroy any chances of the Obama regime winning in 2012. Back before Perry entered the race, I always thought that a Perry/Rubio ticket would be a sure win. Now that Perry seems to be a non contender, it’s looking more like a Romney/Rubio ticket could take the prize. For the record, I still stand behind my favorite, Herman Cain.
Let’s not forget about how untouchable the media was, and still is towards Obama, before and after his presidential victory. We have a President of the United States who, for twenty years, worshiped in Jeremiah Wright’s church,”God Damn America,” friend of a known terrorist William Ayers, had his house paid for by Tony Rezko, claimed his uncle freed Jews at Auschwitz, snorted cocaine, and got other key biographical details wrong. Of course, none of that is enough for the Washington Post to get interested in or even question.
Are the Democrats scared? You bet they are! – J Roycroft
- Media Vows to “Occupy Marco Rubio” (dreadmonger.com)
- Marco Rubio Defended By Mitt Romney In Wake Of Controversy (huffingtonpost.com)
- Democratic-leaning PAC targets Rubio in exile controversy (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Marco Rubio: Vice President? (theroycroftreport.wordpress.com)
October 27, 2011 - An article from AFP reports that Chicago councilmen are planning to introduce a local law that would make possession of marijuana a much lesser offense.
Under the new law set to be introduced next week, people caught with less than 10 grams of marijuana would face a $200 fine and up to 10 hours of community service.
Cook County Commissioner John Fritchey told reporters that the proposed law makes sense. ”It is not time to act tough on crime; it is (time) to be smart on crime. We need our resources spent somewhere else,” he said.
It’s about time someone in the big cities admitted that marijuana arrests are getting in the way of police officers handling serious crimes. By now it should be pretty common knowledge, unless of course you’ve been living under a rock, that marijuana is not a dangerous evil killer drug that the DEA would like for you to believe.
Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while knows my stand on this issue. Marijuana should be 100% legal. There is absolutely none, zero, evidence that smoking marijuana is deadly. There have been zero deaths from smoking marijuana.
From my blog of Nov. 4, 2010 – Marijuana vs Alcohol: Which Is The Real Problem?
As far as the crimes related to marijuana – You make pot legal and the crime element instantly goes away. Jails and prison cells begin to open up for real criminals. Release the non violent marijuana offenders and watch the issue of prison overcrowding go away. Leave the other drugs alone for now, but take marijuana off the table. It’s a start in the right direction.
How many deaths have been reported from smoking marijuana? The answer is ZERO.
How many alcohol related deaths are reported each year? How about 2.5 Million! Read the story here
The World Health Organization reported - The harmful use of alcohol is especially fatal for younger age groups and alcohol is the world’s leading risk factor for death among males aged 15-59.”
It’s high time (no pun intended) that the Feds stopped with this bullshit “war on drugs,” and put their efforts into protecting our borders. By the way, don’t get me started on that “Fast and Furious” crap being investigated right now. All I have to say about that is – there should be plenty of govt heads sitting in prison on that one, including Attorney General Eric Holder.
So a big Roycroft salute goes out to the City of Chicago for heading in the right direction on this one. By the way, if someone is to blame for this big lie about the dangers of marijuana, I would point my finger of shame to that stupid damn movie from 1936, “ReeferMadness.” Don’t Bogart that joint! – J Roycroft
- Connecticut Decriminalizes Marijuana (socyberty.com)
- Marijuana vs Alcohol, Which Is The Real Problem? (via THE ROYCROFT REPORT) (theroycroftreport.wordpress.com)
- How Much Could the Government Make Off Pot? (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Montana Reservations Mull Over Legalizing Medical Marijuana (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Czech Republic Moves Towards Legalizing Medical Marijuana (hailmaryjane.com)
- Marijuana legalization support at record high (cbsnews.com)
- Record-high 50% of Americans favor legalizing marijuana use (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
October 25, 2011- Mayor Kasim Reed, you sir, are a push over. It’s been over two weeks now since those deadbeat Occutards took over Woodruff Park from the good citizens of Atlanta, and you still have done nothing to take it back. You keep threatening to take action but have done nothing. Is this any way for the Mayor of Atlanta to react to a group of idiots who taunt and yell and disrespect you at your press conferences? How many more times do the citizens of Atlanta need to hear your idle threats to remove those fools? How many more times are you going to cry wolf? How about growing a couple and stop worrying about your image. It’s past time that you did the right thing by taking back Woodruff Park.
We all know that you’re primary concern here is to not look like you’re being too insensitive to the protesters. The problem here, Mr Mayor, is that now you are looking like a wimp. Those protesters are controlling you and pretty much doing whatever the hell they please. Woodruff Park has gone from a nice pleasant looking place, to an ugly, filthy looking dump. The park isn’t even fit for the homeless to sleep right now. Those filthy Occupy protesters are costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars everyday you allow them to stay there. This mess now belongs to you.
Police officers sworn to uphold the law are being forced to stand around, burning up overtime hours doing what? Those highly trained professionals are being paid to perform a baby sitting service.
Mayor Reed, your reputation as a leader is now under question. Your future as Mayor is at stake. The good folks of Atlanta are going to remember how you handled this situation, and they will remember at the voting booth. – JRoycroft
- BREAKING: Atlanta Mayor to revoke executive order allowing Occupy Atlanta to stay in Woodruff Park (ajc.com)
- Mayor to discuss Occupy Atlanta (ajc.com)
- Police patrol Woodruff Park perimeter; Mayor’s office denies Occupy Atlanta ordered to leave (ajc.com)
- Mayor’s office denies Occupy Atlanta ordered to leave Woodruff Park (ajc.com)
- Atlanta mayor to “Occupy” protesters: You’re on a “clear path to escalation” so we’re going to have to clear the park (hotair.com)
October 22, 2011- Herman Cain keeps his roll going as he wins the Western Republican Leadership Conference straw poll on Friday. Herman Cain edged out former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich , leaving Texas Gov. Rick Perry in fifth place.
- Herman Cain Wins Florida 5 Straw Poll And Speaks Out About Morgan Freeman (theroycroftreport.wordpress.com)
- Cain wins big in South Carolina tea party straw poll (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- The People Have Spoken: Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll 09242011 (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)
- Suddenly surging in the polls: Herman Cain. Herman… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
October 21, 2011- Some of you have expressed a little concern that me, of all people, are being a bit hard on the Occutards. Some have said I’ve been a bit strong with the name calling. Well, someone at New York Magazine wrote an article that pretty much sums it all up. Check it out: Are you smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
- 84% of Occupiers cannot tell you what the Dodd-Frank Act is.
- 30% of Occupiers believe that top marginal income tax rate for the top 1% is 0 to 10%. And 32% believe that tax rate to be 10 to 25%. The correct answer is 35%. But that doesn’t include the Bush tax cuts that Democrats want to let expire. That would push the rate to 39.6%. And then there is this millionaires surtax. That’s another 5.6%. So we are pushing a 45% federal income tax rate for the top bracket … and a third of protestors believe this rate to be ten percent or less.
- 94% of Occupiers believe that the government spends more on the military than it does on healthcare and pensions. The correct answer is that 43% of government spending is on healthcare and pensions, while defense accounts for 20% of spending.
I still maintain they’re all a bunch of clueless fools. – JRoycroft
*For the record, I stole the term, “Occutard,” from Neal Boortz.
- Are you smarter than a Wall Street Protestor? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street (ourdinnertable.wordpress.com)
- Neighbors Ask Occupy Wall Street to Stop Pooping All Over Everything [Occupy Wall Street] (gawker.com)
October 20, 2012- The end has finally come for the murdering bastard Gaddafi. It wasn’t Obama who killed this monster, although he and the Obamamedia will spin it that way. It was the people of Libya who who killed him. – JRoycroft
WARNING: Graphic Video
- Now that Gadaffi is dead, what next for Libya and Africa? (janabi.wordpress.com)
- Gadaffi Killed in Bloody Execution (socyberty.com)
- Gaddafi dead: how the hunt for the Libyan tyrant unfolded (mirror.co.uk)
- We live in a fascinating time… (lennymaysay.wordpress.com)
- Muammar Gaddafi Dead NTC officials Mutassim Gaddafi Col… (caseyhendrickson.wordpress.com)