Archive for September 28th, 2011
September 28, 2011- This comes from our friend Erick Erickson over at RED STATE-
I said yesterday that Herman Cain is now the center of gravity for the GOP’s 2012 candidates. Today, Fox News shows a meteoric rise for Herman Cain. And it is pretty much all at Rick Perry’s expense.
Perry is down 10 points to 19%. Herman Cain has skyrocketed to 17%. They are in statistical tie with Mitt Romney who is at 23%. Last month, Romney was at 22%.
This is telling in a number of ways.
First, Perry really has had as bad a week as many of us have been saying and he could not apologize fast enough for that “heartless” remark. He finally did today.
Second, on the national scene these debates seem to matter.
Third, Herman’s message is really resonating.
But most significantly for me is just how stagnant Mitt Romney is. Even more so, when asked who the voters have most in common with, Rick Perry leads the rest of the field with 17% and Herman is in second place at 14%. Mitt Romney? Only 12% of the voters think they have something in common with him.
This again suggests that primary voters are trying desperately to find an alternative to Mitt Romney and Perry’s performance over the past few weeks, culminating in that debate, has given folks cold feet.
Perry needs to get out now with his jobs plan and get back on the jobs message.
Cain? He needs to translate this into some serious fundraising. The quarterly deadline is September 30th, so if you are a Cain fan, you better pony up. Because the message next week is not going to be his polling, but his money. Same goes for Perry.
- HERMAN CAIN VAULTS TO TOP-TIER: Romney And Perry Lead – But Not By Much (businessinsider.com)
- Herman Cain Wouldn’t Support Perry As GOP Nominee (abcnews.go.com)
- Poll: Romney, Cain Rising, Perry Falling (themoderatevoice.com)
- Herman Cain tops republican field in Zogby Poll (bellalu0.wordpress.com)
September 28, 2011- Our leader, Barack Obama, recently said that voters should back him if they believe in a “fact-based” America.
Wants some facts about how well our leader has done? Here are some facts about Obamanomics.
- 9.1% unemployment
- 2.5 million fewer Americans working (then when Obama was inaugurated)
- $4 trillion more in debt
- 14 million more Americans on food stamps
- A United States credit downgrade
- 75 new major regulations costing Americans $38 billion
- First quarter growth for this year was revised down from 1.9% to just 0.4%
- Second quarter came in with a 1.3% GDP growth
- In June, Americans cut their spending for the first time in nearly two years
- Zero jobs created in August. ZERO!
- Our federal government spends 24% more than we did in 2008
That’s what I call fundamentally changing America. But isn’t that what Obama promised? As bad as it has gotten with his fundamental change, he has the audacity to say that the Republicans’ small government views “will fundamentally cripple America.” Obama and his regime are working hard to create a bigger government, centrally-planned economy, redistributed wealth, government dependency and then expects us to believe that this is all normal. This is his idea of how America is supposed to be.
So what the hell was wrong with the America our founders created? Seemed to me it was working pretty damn good until this community organizer decided to change it. There is nothing normal about what this jerk has done to us, to our America. Of course, when you have a moocher class of parasites in our society who will always vote for the guy who will promise to keep that free check coming, what else should you expect?
Obama says it is impossible to have a “modern industrial economy” with lower taxes, as the Republicans would like. Can you believe this load of crap this guy is trying to ram down our throats?
November 2012 can’t get here fast enough. – J Roycroft
- The American Dream: Ours or Obama’s? (theroycroftreport.wordpress.com)
- Obamanomics: A Clear Case Of Fascism (theroycroftreport.wordpress.com)
- Obama Says GOP Would ‘Cripple’ America (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama: Republicans would ‘cripple’ America (capitolhillblue.com)
- Obama’s Lies; Obama’s Damned Lies; Obama’s Damnable Lies! – Part 2 (neosecularist.com)
- Obama says GOP would ‘cripple’ America (iowacaucus.com)